Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Toes

I had to tell you this story. For those of you who have known me since I was a young girl, you can sit back and laugh and laugh and laugh. A long time ago, (once upon a time a very long time ago...) my dad had brought the chain saw into the house. No, I don't remember why but I know it was in the colder months so maybe it had something to do with our wood for the fireplace. Anyhow, it sat under a chair in our dining room for a long time. I must have walked by that stupid thing a thousand times without incident until one early Sunday morning.

I stubbed my toe on it and man did that hurt! I, of course, woke up my dad to tell him what happened. My dad worked 6 days a week and Sunday was his only day to sleep late. He wasn't too thrilled to be woken up and told this tale but he was somewhat sympathetic and said to be more careful and to move the stupid thing so I wouldn't do it again. Of course, I was a smarty pants teenager and thought, why would I need to move it?? I hadn't tripped over it until today and there was no way I would be so stupid as to do it again. (Oh yeah? wanna bet?!)

Thirty minutes later, I stubbed it again but this time I did so much damage I ripped most of my toe nail off. Thinking I would get lots of sympathy this time, I went to wake up my dad again to relate the newest incident. Not only did I not get any sympathy, I got yelled at for not moving the stupid saw when I tripped over it the first time. I told mom when she got home from work at the hospital and she said the same thing "why didn't you move the stupid thing the first time you tripped over it?! I got teased about this stupid toe incident for years.

Today, all the kids were home from school so it has been a loud day at the house. Ryan had been sleeping but the noise level was too much for him so I went to rescue him and was trying to calm him down by singing to him. At the same time I was trying to keep Logan from turning off the computer I kicked the chair that he was standing on.

Marie knew something was wrong right away but Katie thought mommy was doing a dance and proceeded to jump around giggling and "dancin with mommy". I have walked by that chair so many times that you would think by now my feet would just know where not to kick. I'd just like to know why we can walk by something thousands of times with no problems and one day out of the blue BAM! How is that possible?!?!?!? I believe that I have broken a toe - no it's not the first and probably won't be the last either. (Yes, mom it's the same stupid toe!!)

No comments:


Mommy's Favorites