Monday, August 6, 2007

Monday - August 6th

Well, it's exactly 2 weeks before school starts and I'm not sure that I'm ready for it. Marie is ready to go back so she can visit with her friends but the house will be so quiet without them! Logan is ready so he can ride the school bus (if they allow Marie to ride too) He had such fun at summer school. I know he can't wait to see Ms. Ann, Ms. Kim and Ms. Wilcox again.

I don't know what Katie and Ryan will do without them home. I'm hoping that they won't get louder to make up for the lack of noise around the place. Katie is always following Marie around especially when her friend from next door is over visiting. She wants to do everything that her big sister does.

Katie is quite the mimic. I have to watch what I say around her so I don't teach her something really "good". Ryan is attempting more words lately. He's been saying "who's that?" which he then gives the answer and it's always "Elmo!" These two love to play with their big brother Logan. Most of the time, he just ignores them but every once in a while he will smile at them or allow them to grab his hand for a minute.

Speaking of Logan..... He has been attempting more words lately as well. He has gotten in the habit of coming to me or Curtis with a book wanting us to say the word. He will attempt it himself, sometimes successfully, laugh and run off to play. His speech therapy with Ms. Cheryl is paying off - way to go Ms. Cheryl!!! Speaking of Ms. Cheryl, Ryan is also going to see her for speech and he loves her as much as Logan does. Since he has been with Mommy all of the time, he doesn't take too well to new people (what an understatement that is!!) so to see him go to Ms. Cheryl and snuggle just warms my heart.

We have the neurologist appointment in September to have her check out our little Ryan but in the meantime, we are having First Steps come in to rule out Autism and to let us know what steps we need to take with him. We firmly believe that Ryan isn't Autistic but just a little delayed. I will post the diagnosis when we get it.

Going to get back to my lovely bunch but will try to get some pictures on here so everyone can see updated photos.

No comments:


Mommy's Favorites