Friday, August 17, 2007

Grandpa came for a visit and birthday wishes


Grandpa came for a short visit this week. Marie was so excited she asked the same questions at least a thousand times. "When is he flying in Mommy?, Did he leave yesterday?" Every time the front door opened Katie would say, "There's Gampa, Mommy!"

Ryan gave us all a nice gift by taking some steps all by himself. He would realize that he was walking and then say, "Yeah!" and clap his hands. I'm glad Grandpa was here to see that. We were able to get some pictures last night of them with him but of course not all together at the same time. Grandpa volunteers at the school where Grandma Virgina teaches. He helps the first graders learn how to read. You can tell he really likes to help the children and he's a good listener. We were talking about his work and discussing Marie and her reading habits. He had her grab one of her books and start reading to him. They both enjoyed their reading time together and he was able to give Marie some pointers on how to improve her reading. Grandpa also had some good advise for Mommy too. Sometimes it just takes a little bit of observation to see how to improve things. Thank you, Grandpa. Daddy was able to spend the day visiting and doing errands. I think they both enjoyed their time together but were just as happy to hang out with the kids too.
I couldn't get Logan to sit still for a picture with Grandpa but I was able to get a shot of him when he stopped to take a breath at one point. I know that he enjoyed the visit because this morning when it was time to say goodbye, he made Grandpa pick him up and then wouldn't let him go.
Grandpa said that he and Grandma would be back to visit sometime soon. We can't wait to see them both. Today is a special day; Happy Birthday, Grandma Virginia. I always have such a hard time remembering birthdays. If I don't mark them down in my planner I will forget them but every once in a while something happens to make it a snap to remember. Grandma Virginia and "Aunt" Robin share a birthday. This makes it easier for me to remember both of them so I can send out birthday wishes to both.
Happy Birthday Robin! I've known Robin for about 15 years now (give or take a few) and I used to come over to her house to borrow her children. We would go to the beach or come hang out at my house so I could make them my speciality. Hamburgers and french fries - what a specialty right?! The girls showed me how to make a few things and I got them to try some pierrogies. Melissa, whom will always be Missy to me, would clean up my house and do my dishes. Matthew (Bubby) wouldn't speak to me when we first met so I tried my darndest to get him to say at least hi. He told his mother I tried too hard; four year olds are smart aren't they? Josh would always give me smile and then roll his eyes at something stupid I had to say. Michelle (Shell-Bell) was my little cutie pie and my daughter's favorite babysitter. Jennifer was just the sweetest girl that would always have me rolling on the floor with laughter. It's hard to believe that they are all grown up now and Jennifer has a baby of her own. Where has the time gone?

1 comment:

Jeff & Melissa said...

We had Jen's husband Chris try perrogies a few weeks ago and remnisced on being introduced to them by you! Fun times!!


Mommy's Favorites