Saturday, August 25, 2007

Saturday


My day started quite nicely with a visit from my little man Logan. He decided to come in to check on me and climbed up in the bed to let me know he was there. Since Ryan is still in our room, he jumped up in his crib and started talking to his big brother. Today was the day to sleep in but I have to tell you, I rather enjoyed waking up to my two little men jibber jabbering to each other and the one snuggling up to me. Katie was kind enough to wait outside the door (as Logan had shut it in her face and the child proof knob makes it impossible for her to open) while Marie was out in the playroom watching cartoons.
Poor Marie doesn't have a snowball's chance in you-know-where to watch what she wants anymore. This morning she gave up trying to get them to watch her show and turned off the tv and started to dance around the room. As you can see, Katie loves to dance with her. Too many smaller children will fight over what is on. Logan decides for all if there is a movie on and will monkey climb to fast forward whatever is on to his favorite spot. (or he'll just fast forward until it's over and not irritating him anymore) I allow them to watch Playhouse Disney and PBS Kids only. We have several DVD's for some of the shows and every once in a while Logan decides he doesn't want to watch that. He gets really irritated when he realizes that I don't have the DVD in it's the actual television program.
Ryan has been getting a little better at walking. He has been getting three or four steps before falling. He has, for some reason, decided that walking on his knees is sometimes more fun and quicker. I don't remember the others walking on their knees but..... He also has had some more talking. He had his speech therapy on Tuesday, and when Ms. Cheryl took him he turned, looked at me and said, "Bye!" Shocked us all - but he went even further; when his therapy was all done, he said (from her arms) "Hi" like it's nothing for him to be with someone other than Mommy. I hope and pray that he continues like this for Ms. Corey and Ms. Christine. He hasn't seen them in a week so it may be a little sticky next week.
We have Ryan's home evaluation scheduled for this Friday morning. If that evaluation warrants more we still have his eval with the whole group scheduled for the 6th at 2:00. I will keep you posted on how the home visit goes and if we are still set for the group eval. I'm hoping that the home visit will be all as that would mean they don't think he has anything other than a small delay. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for us!
It's been a fun first week of school; getting used to the bus schedule and getting the kids to go to bed at a decent time. Daddy had planned on taking most of the week for vacation but ended up being sick all week. He almost never gets sick so of course, when it does happen it's pretty bad. He's been so into exercising and getting into shape lately so I can imagine how bad it would have been if he wasn't in such good shape. He said he wanted to lose some weight just not this way. I've had fun keeping the kids away from him so that no one else gets it but I think Katie shared her cough and cold with him on top of what he was already feeling. In our house, everything is shared especially when one of us gets sick. It seems no matter how much I try to keep everyone separate or clean everything to prevent it........

No comments:


Mommy's Favorites