Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Spa Day

I just had the most incredibly relaxing day! Curtis had purchased a spa day for me a couple of years ago for my birthday. (back when I still celebrated them) He's tried several times to get me to go relax and enjoy myself but always I'd find some reason to not call and make my appointment. After spending the last 12 weeks with all four children I decided to take him up on his offer of watching the little ones so that I could enjoy.

My day (after getting the bigger kids off to school) started with a lovely manicure with parafin wax. WOW! My hands haven't been this soft in I don't know how long. Lately they look like nasty prunes from all the hand washing thanks to three children in diapers. I was then given a pedicure - delightful. (I felt sorry for the poor girl working on my nasty feet. Since it was still morning they hadn't had a chance to sweat all that much so at least she didn't have to deal with stinky feet but these bad boys were NOT pretty!!) I now have feet that I wouldn't be embarrassed to show off in open toe shoes.

I ate a lovely relaxing lunch and then on to my facial. I enjoyed chatting with the lady giving the facial so much that I forgot to relax and fall asleep but hey, I had adult conversation!! Next I went on to my one hour massage and oh what bliss that was!! This wonder woman is going to school for Hawaiin massage therapy/Doula. Since I am all done having babies I'm not too happy about that but for those lucky ladies out there that will benefit - it will be wonderful. I wish I had her around for my four babies! My last stop was to have my hair washed and styled - after the facial and massage you can imagine how I looked.

I had the most amazing day - I haven't felt this relaxed in so long. I recommend a day at the spa to every woman who has small children at home. Actually, I recommend this day spa treatment for any woman who just needs a little pampering. I can't wait to go again - maybe in another 5 or 6 years.

2 comments:

Jeff & Melissa said...

Im jealous!! I need a spa day... :)

Terry said...

Cheat a little and get one thing at a time - go for the pedicure. It was very relaxing but then again so was the massage!!


Mommy's Favorites