Sunday, August 19, 2007

Summer Vacation is at an end

Tomorrow is the first day of school for the 2007-2008 school year. I'm washing all the new school clothes and getting them in the dressers. Before I can do that I must go through all the old clothes to see what still fits and what needs to be "moved on". I think I have one more load of laundry before I'm offically done washing them. I'd better get to the dressers soon so I have room for these. I don't remember my Mom doing all of this but I know she did and she worked full time as a nurse at the local hospital. Thank you Mom for all that you did for us. You worked hard and still took great care of your three brats, I mean children.

Marie went to get her hair cut for school last night and wasn't happy with Mommy when she got back home. She wanted her hair cut before the summer was over but I didn't want to have to take her twice so she talked me into attempting to cut her hair. Please notice that I said attempt. Daddy had a good chuckle when the hair stylist asked with horror "Who cut this child's hair last??!!" Marie had been very happy these past couple of days because her length in back was just long enough that she could pull it back in a pony tail or in her hat. Due to the "great" hair cut that I gave her she now has a hair cut as short as mine. (actually it's a little shorter than mine because I'm in need of a cut)
I think the cut is beautiful on her and told her so and of course said how sorry I was that they had to cut it that short in back in order to get it uniform. She was very gracious about it and said it was just as much her fault as mine since she did move when I was cutting but still..... Needless to say, I will not be cutting her hair ever again. Perhaps it's time Mommy sign up for some classes.
Their backpacks are packed except for one item that Daddy is driving all over creation to find. It always ends up that there is one item on the teachers supply list that no one has in stock. He's been to three Wal-Marts, a Target and is hitting Sam's Club next for two packs of loose leaf binder paper. Who would have thought that no one would have that in stock?! One store employee told him that they had ordered less this year because they got stuck with so much last year. Hmmmm - I don't think paper goes bad so what is so hard about keeping it and selling it through out the year at a slight discount?!

No comments:


Mommy's Favorites