Saturday, August 25, 2007

Marie and the house alarm!

Due to the recent rash of car break-ins and the fact that Logan knows how to unlock our sliding glass doors, we have installed a house alarm. We had it done about 10 days ago and everything has been great until this morning. When I wake up each morning, I start my coffee and if it's a school day I start making lunch. After placing a lunch box into a back pack which sits in the entryway, I will turn off the alarm and remove the bat we have sitting against the front door. Today is Saturday so that routine didn't happen.

Curtis was the first one up this morning and had even changed a diaper by the time I got up. Katie, said "Did you poop, Mommy?" which means that she has filled her diaper with the nasty stuff. I didn't even have a chance to get the coffee going before changing her diaper so my brain wasn't working at full speed. Marie was kind enough to grab the nasty diaper and head toward the door. As soon as she opened the door I realized that neither adult had turned off the alarm. At 8:00 this morning our neighbors were treated to a very loud wake up alarm! (I think the only person who appreciated that was our next door neighbor as he works on Saturdays but as for the rest of them......) Thankfully I was able to jump up and run to turn it off as it scared the you-know-what out of me. Poor Marie, she just stood in the doorway looking like she was about to mess her pants!

I then sat Marie down and told her what to look for just in case Mommy or Daddy hadn't turned off the alarm. For the past three days Marie has been disappointed because the "tooth fairy" hasn't made it to our house. Daddy was very quick and said it must have been because we forgot and set the alarm each night. Once Marie's heartbeat was back to normal and after I discussed what she needed to do if it happened again, she gave me a look which let me know exactly how she felt about this new "stupid" home improvement. Not only did it scare the heck out of her but it also caused the poor tooth fairy to miss out on her for several days. Yes - Mommy feels terrible but is very thankful for a fast thinking Daddy!

No comments:


Mommy's Favorites