Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Ryan - more information

I have spent my morning setting up and rescheduling appointments for all the tests that they want Ryan to have done. He has his EEG scheduled for September 27th early as he needs to be sleep deprived. Since he tends to nap no matter what time we go; I asked for an early appointment so he would be ready for his morning nap at test time. His MRI is scheduled for October 18th early in the morning as well. He can't have anything to eat up to 6 hours before test time so the earlier the better. His genetic testing appointment is a week later on the 25th of October.

We will be driving to Orlando a lot in the next month or two. Actually, after yesterdays trip we have decided that they will no longer be family trips. We are going to take turns driving him so that there isn't the extra added stress of all the others being irritable from all the driving and no play time. I'm going to volunteer for the EEG and the MRI and probably the Genetic testing as well. I can't see letting Daddy take him and me sit home worrying the whole time. When Logan has his EEG it wasn't much fun. I had to hold him down and sing to him for about an hour. (It was very stressful on Daddy) Logan's MRI was a little easier except for the fact that I was pregnant and had to hold him down while they put him to sleep. Thankfully they didn't do by IV but by gas mask but still..... I cried like a baby after they wheeled him off. I figure this time I will probably not cry (no extra hormones going crazy) but then again that is my baby they are taking.

The little guy is down for his first nap of the day. He played with big sister Katie all morning and watched Barney. Katie has been quite the artist. She wanted "eggies" so I made her some scrambled eggs and gave her a fork. I had to walk away because I knew it was going to be messy but she needs to use her utensils so.... When I looked at her again she had the eggs in her hair and all over her face and clothes. She said "Eggies all gone Mommy!" but she was still trying to lick the bowl.

I should have taken a picture but I couldn't stand the mess so I cleaned her up as quickly as I could. Her reward for eating her eggies all gone was to color with her crayons and her "Ho Ho coloring book". She doesn't say Santa - it's always Ho Ho. "Mommy can we watch Barney Ho Ho?" "Mommy I want to color Ho Ho" In the hospital while Logan was in therapy last Christmas, we would walk the corridors and head toward the gift shop. There were several Santa's in the display window and of course she would scream out, "Mommy, look; it's Ho Ho!"

This reminds me of a story from about 16 years ago that a friend of mine told me about one of her children...... The story goes something like: "Young lady, do you know what a 'Ho' is?", "Yes sir, it's something you use in the garden." The girls were in the principal's office because of some name calling that had gotten out of hand with a group of girls. I really don't think they were referring to that type of hoe. Needless to say, that young lady didn't get into any trouble and gave the principal his great story for that day. This just goes to show that not all children in school know the bad words. I'm thinking this is my favorite Jennifer story. Love you Jennifer!

No comments:


Mommy's Favorites