Saturday, September 29, 2007

Another Fun Friday....

It's all Mee Maw's fault; well, not really as I was the one to take her to K-mart the other day when the little ones and I went to visit. We have been trying to find a bunk bed for the girls room for a long time. We had a toddler bed in there with Marie's big full size bed but that left very little room for the toys etc. I spotted this nice bunk bed when we were with Mom the other day but the kids were fussy so I didn't get to really check it out then. We had Ryan's EEG appointment on Thursday and Daddy was his usual angel self and drove us. He didn't want me to deal with the I4 traffic and trying to keep Ryan awake. After we were done, we headed down to the K-mart near Mom's house.

The bunk beds are made out of nice smelling pine and we thought it would be pretty easy to build. Daddy started it yesterday around 9:00 and finished it around 2:00. It would have taken half that time but there always has to be something that takes twice as long and it was the same with this. Also, "someone" had not looked at the directions like "he/she" should have and after we got to the very last thing we realized that a board needed to be flip flopped. Since there were two of us doing it at this point it didn't take as long as it could have.

I had the brilliant idea to bring the full size bed out and leave it in the playroom while we were putting the bunk beds together. I should have taken the extra time to rearrange the garage (for the 1000th time) and put it in there. Logan proceeded to jump on the bed like it was his personal trampoline and he's still doing it. I thought maybe last night when he got tired he'd lay down on it and fall asleep but no, he just jumped off it onto the couch and settled down to sleep. I have to figure out what to do with the stupid thing until we can get rid of it or go bonkers.

Today I need to get the playroom back together then hit the boys room. You guessed it; that's where I shoved the blankets/sheets and Katie's toddler bed. I can't get near the changing table or either boys dresser so the clean clothes are sitting in baskets ready to be put away. I really need to get that room fixed pretty quickly; if I leave clothes in a basket too long Ryan and Logan both think they are fair game. Logan will throw food and toys into the basket where Ryan just pulls all the nice clean folded clothes out and tosses them around the room. It's my boys way of telling me to put the clothes away and stop being lazy.

No comments:


Mommy's Favorites