Saturday, September 15, 2007

Daddy and Baseball

It's really Monday morning but I knew if I didn't jot down a few of the things I wanted to post I would forget about them.

Daddy is a BIG time Houston Astros fan. Thanks to Belinda who told me about when her husband used to purchase this baseball package through the cable company, we can now watch just about all of their games throughout the season. If you are a baseball fan, you know it's down to the end of the regular season. I have to keep asking him; are they still in the hunt for October? He has been saying that "mathematically" they are still in contention. A/K/A - no they are not in the hunt. He's been watching the games at night and using some pretty nice language. He very rarely uses language that he wouldn't want the children to repeat.

No, Mom it isn't as bad as when I was 15 years old watching the Dallas Cowboys getting their butts kicked. (Thank you Don for teaching me all those lovely words) You remember when you were hanging clothes out on the line and had to come back into the house and shut all the windows? I believe you had to emphasize almost every word with a slam of a window. Something like.... "I (slam) can't (slam) BELIEVE (slam) the (slam) words that (slam) are coming (slam) OUT OF YOUR MOUTH! (SLAM) I can say that I'm really thankful that the kids were all asleep or almost asleep and didn't hear it.

No comments:


Mommy's Favorites