Saturday, October 27, 2007

Fun Friday

We had another Friday of no school this week; last week they were off on Friday too. This week we had Marie's friend and her sister come for the day. Most people think I'm nuts when I ask to borrow their child(ren) but the additions keep my kids calm. If there are no other people around Marie gets bored and irritates the others. Yesterday was a good day! The girls played games and hung out in Marie's room. If they got tired of each other's company we would hang out in the living room and watch a movie.

They were able to go outside and play in the driveway and back yard for a while as long as they stayed where I could see them. This helped take the edge off for the others and enabled me to get Ryan and Katie to nap, AT THE SAME TIME! I made popcorn the old fashioned way and it was so good. I melted butter in one pan while I threw the popcorn and oil in our old fashioned popper on another burner. Butter, salt and popcorn; Yum Yum! The girls loved it and even asked if it was "homemade" a/k/a not microwaved. Since we don't use the microwave anymore this is the only way to make popcorn. I have to say, I enjoy this popcorn a whole lot more.

We played operation; what a hoot! I couldn't get anything out without the stupid buzzer going off to save my life. Hard to believe when I was their age I was good at that game. They attempted to play Monopoly but I think it was a little hard for the younger girls (Marie) so they got aggravated and quit. They did enjoy playing Battleship and operation so the games weren't a total loss. It brought back memories of when we would play games during the summer whenever it rained. (the fighting really made me laugh)

Remember when..... Aunt June and Stephanie were visiting and we all were either playing Monopoly or a card game and were fighting just a little too much? Aunt June had enough finally and told us to stop fighting. I believe she used a "soft" cuss word which totally shocked us as we never EVER heard her cuss. Needless to say, we stopped fighting and found something else to occupy our time. Do you remember the other time that Steph was down by herself and Dave shut the screen door and the sliding glass door and Steph opened the screen door and ran smack into the glass door???

No comments:


Mommy's Favorites