Thursday, October 25, 2007

Another story of stupidity

I'm having issues with lights this week. It was a dreary morning with a little bit of rain during the drive to Orlando for Ryan's Genetic Testing consultation. I had turned my lights on in town and it stopped raining so I turned them off. I had to turn them back on as it started to rain a little more as I got closer to Orlando. By the time we got to our destination it had stopped raining but I had forgot that I turned them on. We were about 40 minutes early so I parked and rolled down the windows and turned off the car. We sat like that for about 20 minutes then I decided it was okay to head into the office. I heard the extra warning sound when I opened the door but just thought it was the normal "you've opened your door" ding and kept right on going.

Over two hours later when we came back out to leave, I couldn't get the doors to open with the automatic opener. As I looked in I noticed that the headlight switch was still pulled out. CRAP! I'm about an hour and a half away from home; don't know a single person and can't get into the car. I, of course, panicked and called Curtis to say go get the kids and come get us!!! He was very calm and proceeded to tell me to go to the driver's side and use the key to open the door. DUH! Open the trunk and get the jumper cables out and see if someone will help and give the car a jump. The second person I asked wasn't happy but must have felt sorry for me and agreed to do it.

Thankfully it jumped right off the bat and we were able to head out. I was so afraid that I would stall it (driving the mustang) that I of course was more nervous than normal and really stressed out. The entrance ramp was closed so I had to take a detour through town to get back on the highway. I hadn't eaten since breakfast; was figuring on stopping on the way home but since my stupidity with the lights I wasn't taking any chances. I drove straight home, grabbed everything headed inside and grabbed a quick bite before heading out to Logan's parent/teacher conference. (I drove the van to the conference; didn't feel like dealing with the battery in the mustang)

You got it, the moral of THIS story is: TURN THE LIGHTS OFF STUPID!

No comments:


Mommy's Favorites