Wednesday, July 2, 2008

July is here!

Katie and Ryan ready for some water fun!

What is Marie doing???

Mommy's little helper; getting Katie's shirt on to keep the sun from burning that fair skin to a crisp!

Katie falling asleep sitting up in Daddy's chair.

I can't believe July is here already! What in the heck happened to June?? The kids have been out of school for almost a month now and the time has just flown. They've not been able to enjoy going outside much the past week because of the weird weather we've been having. I try to take them out in the a.m. and then later in the afternoon when it isn't so hot but it's rained a lot lately and we've been stuck in the house. Today, I decided come H E L L or high water we were going to get some much needed outside time.
We were outside by 10:30 and playing on the newer (smaller) Nemo slip-n-slide. I like this one a WHOLE lot better as I don't have to fill the front bumper with water and then fight to push it up until I can get the valve (half way down the slide because of the way the bumber sits) to hook up the hose. The Nemo slide has a little side chute that you hook the hose up to and it's so much easier. The bumper pad is to be blown up (No problem; I quit smoking over 6 years ago so I can handle that!) and I can put the bumper away from the wall so no one gets hurt as the little water chute is at the other end! YEAH!
They played for about an hour and a half even though Logan just skirted around it most of the time. So after everyone was tired of playing I pulled it up and threw it over the swing set to dry. I realized that I needed to clean it off by hosing it down and the old slide too so I grabbed the hose. Everything went fine until dummy me decided to keep from spraying the kids and back hand the hose behind me. I had kept pretty well dry up until that point. Why I was trying to keep the hose off them when they WERE ALREADY WET I'll never be able to figure out. I traded the hose from one hand to another behind my back and totally soaked my backside!!! What a nitwit! The kids were wet, granted they did have their towels on but still.....DUH!!!!!

1 comment:

Meari said...

They look like they were having SO much fun!! Ah summer days... Where does the time go?


Mommy's Favorites