Monday, July 21, 2008

Another Monday...

Well, it's Monday again and last week was almost as fun as the week before. Well, maybe not as much fun but it sure was close. Let's see, we had a good start to the week but by Thursday it all just blew up. Logan has had this growth on his face called pyogenic granuloma and it suddenly started bleeding Thursday morning. I thought he had scratched it but later I found out that they just start bleeding on their own. I tried to stop it by applying pressure (oh yes that was fun with a 6 year old autistic child who hates being held down in any manner!) and then by putting on two bandades. Those bandades didn't last but five minutes before I had to grab some first aid pads and fold one in half. That lasted until we got to the doctor's office 15 minutes later.

Thankfully the doctor was still in town as he was leaving for vacation that day. He used some type of chemical on a swab to try to "cautorize" it but had to use another one and still wasn't getting the job done. It did slow it down to a nice slow leak so that we could get to the dermatologist 30 minutes away. How cool was that? The doctor took his cell phone out while we were in the room, called her office and had her agree to see Logan right away. He gets the good doctor vote in my book! She has him beat though. We walked into her full waiting room, I signed him in, got the new patient paperwork to fill out and went to sit down and here came her nurse pulling us back into the room already. The doctor immediately walked in the door and started talking and filling out the paperwork for me! It had finally stopped bleeding so she talked to me about what it was and what could be done, which unless you cut and scrape it out isn't much. We decided that day was as good as any to perform the procedure.

With the help from me and her nurse, she was able to get him still enough for the two minute procedure and the only thing he felt was a slight sting when she had to give him a shot to numb the area. I kept promising him if he behaved I'd take him to McDonald's for some french fries and he did great! I was soooooo proud of my little man. He was a trooper and fussed just a little bit. He did decide that he'd gone through quite a lot and wouldn't share a single fry with me at all. Too cute; I tried to get him to hand me one but all I got was "the look." You know, the look that says "over my dead body" or "when HELL freezes over." He figured he'd been the one to get somewhat traumatized so he deserved every last stinkin' fry. Too cute!!! I now have to wash the area twice a day with antibacterial soap and put some neosporin on with a bandade to keep it dry. Well the bandades we had irritated his skin so we had to switch and now he fights me on washing his face. Go figure right?! Poor little guy has been through enough and he's rebelling! I'm currently bribing his good behavor for wash time with every color balloon we currently have in the house. At this rate we will be out by tomorrow!!

I thought that was the end of the traumatic experiences for the day but NOOOOO I had something else in store for me. On the way home, we were on the interstate (in the middle of a torrential downpour, I might add!!) the windshield wipers just stopped! Now, of course, my luck being what it is, they stopped right in the middle of their sweep range which meant right in front of my face. I had to slow down and put on my hazards (or so I thought) and stay right beside a small truck so I could tell lines on the road. Once the rain let up, I jumped behind a nice big truck and slowly followed him the rest of the ride home. The rain started and stopped several times for the rest of the ride home. The diagnosis on the van: not sure as we can't get to the wiper cable because it's blocked by some type of bolt that we have no tool for which is how they build them now. They want you to have to go to the dealer and pay out the behind once your warranty is done so you will get fed up and buy a new car. Yeah, that will happen when I can find a job on the night shift!

No comments:


Mommy's Favorites