Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tuesday morning update

Let's see, where were we before the week got in the way?? Oh yeah, now I remember. After we found the key last week, Ryan got sick and kept us up most of the night for several days. He was able to finally get some sleep Saturday night thank goodness. He also had to be held the entire time so I didn't get much cleaning done (Darn!) or laundry (Oops!) but as long as he was being snuggled he was almost content. It wasn't until he started feeling a little better that being snuggled wasn't cutting it; he wanted to be snuggled but he wanted to be well enough to play so he got down right CRANKY! He's now much better but still a little clingy.

Mom came up to play in the kiddie pool with us yesterday and we all had a great time. The kids loved seeing MeeMaw and playing cards with her. Marie and her played Go Fish and she let Katie hold all her finished matches. They then played War while Katie and Ryan watched them. Logan came in to watch and would climb up in the chair with MeeMaw to see what she was up to every now and then. We then jumped into the van and headed to McDonald's so we could get Logan some fries as a special treat for all his hard work in therapy. Of course, we couldn't just get him fries so all the kids ended up with fries, MeeMaw got some dinner and I had a lovely iced carmel coffee. That was soooooo good! It could have been almost too sweet but it was so hot and the a/c is tempermental and will work with no noise only when it feels like it so rather than go deaf I don't bother with it. Of course, the sun was out and it was HOT so we were all sweating our bums off. She will be making another visit up our way sometime soon but will head up in the morning before it gets too hot so we can go sight seeing with her.

So, today it's back to the cleaning and laundry as I didn't do any of it yesterday between the three therapy sessions and MeeMaw coming up. (Thanks Mom, I didn't want to do any cleaning and you gave me the perfect excuse and NO that isn't why I had you come up. We miss you!) I need to get some laundry started and then go tackle my closet. It has gotten to where I can't walk in there without stepping on something. How is it that adults let their closet get as bad as a kids? I never let Marie's closet get like that ('course, I don't let her in hers either!) I was looking for my sandles the other day and it took me ten minutes to find them in our mess and I was sweating when I finally did locate them. It's getting to the point that we can't hide stuff for the kids in there anymore anyways as Marie is too smart for that. Time to clean! Okay, maybe after one more coffee which is my total day limit but hey, did I ever tell you I'm alergic to cleaning?!?!

No comments:


Mommy's Favorites