Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Holidays are over

Well, the holidays are over and the kids are ready to go back to school. Okay, not really but I am ready for them to go back to school so does that count?? I made it past midnight on New Year's Eve which for me is a miracle. Don't think I've done that since.....since....I really can't remember! I actually stayed up until after 1:00 as I had found a funny show on TLC around 11:00. It's called Jon and Kate plus 8. It's hysterical! It's about this family that had twins through invitro and then decided they wanted one more. Well instead of one they got six; three boys and three girls. We don't have to deal with anything compared to what this family does which makes our crazy life seem almost normal. Curtis watched the episode that came on after midnight and we laughed and decided we will make it a must see for Monday nights.

We got up at a respectable 8:00 on New Year's Day and decided to go ahead and take the decorations down. I was getting really tired of tripping over all the stuff we had to remove in order to get the decorations up inside. We stored it all in our room which was a little annoying as we had finally gotten that room organized. (We will be organizing it again sometime this week.) It took us all day to get everything down and organized in boxes. Curtis called himself the "pack master" as he was able to get all our decorations plus the couple of bags he purchased on Sunday into all the same boxes and still managed to have one empty box left over. Yes, I did say one empty box left over. I couldn't believe it either; let's just hope that it's worth it come next Christmas. I'd really like to have all the tree decorations to be in one or two boxes instead of scattered through out all of them again.

On top of all that I made us breakfast and got some blackeyed peas on the stove to cook for New Year's lunch. I had to stop in the middle of packing to throw some corn bread in the oven because what is BEP without cornbread??!! It was a very good lunch break and I even took about a 10 minute nap while he talked on the phone with friends and his Dad. I was very thankful for the interruption as with all that it still took us until almost 6:30 last night to get everything down, in boxes and put back up in the attic. I still had to vacuum up, do dishes from breakfast and lunch and make dinner. (I did take the easy way out on that meal; sandwiches with chips) We had good meals for two of the three meals so what the heck right?!

I was so tired that I made the BIG mistake of making coffee around 7:00. I took my last sip around 8:30 and it wasn't until Logan finally fell asleep at 11:00 that the stupid caffeine kicked me. I went to bed as my body was protesting it needed sleep. I tossed and turned until Logan came in to get me at 1:00. He was able to fall asleep rather quickly but I was still awake at 1:30 when Ryan woke up. I think I finally settled into a nice deep sleep sometime after 3:00 and I was up around 8:00 with the kids. Next time I decide I want coffee after 7:00 p.m. I'm going to just go to bed and say the heck with that! Yes, I'm drinking a cup of coffee right now as I'm having trouble staying awake and that's with all four children running around and making noise.

No comments:


Mommy's Favorites