Monday, June 9, 2008

It's Monday!

Things are somewhat calmer around here this week. Or at least I like to think they are; at least school is out for the summer! Katie fell asleep in my arms yesterday for about an hour in the early evening and I fell asleep right along with her. I must have had some kind of premonition because I made myself a small pot of coffee around 6:00 last night while making dinner. At 11:30 Ms. Katie was still awake and very whiney so I put her in a nice warm bubble bath for about 20 minutes. Everyone else except for Ryan and Daddy had been asleep already so we had to be very quiet and that's almost impossible when you give a three year old a bath. Somehow we were able to keep things quiet so that even Daddy and Ryan could go to sleep.

After her nice bubble bath I had to go in their room and put on a Dora movie so she could slowly relax and fall asleep. I decided to go ahead and sit on the floor next to her bed and read for a little while. Right about the time by bottom was getting numb, I looked over and thankfully she was sound asleep with mouth wide open! Off went the light and television, on went the flashlight so I didn't kill myself getting to my room. It was 12:35 and it took me a while to fall asleep. It seemed like just a few minutes passed but it was closer to 4 hours when Logan came in to join us. Up onto the bed, taking my spot the little stinker and just as I was thinking I should give up and go out to the living room Ryan woke up. Poor little guy was having a tough time with his stuffed up nose so we went out the recliner for a while. I gave up trying to get him to go back to bed and made a bottle around 6:00 and just lay down on the other end of the couch and put on cartoons for him.

Katie came out to join us around 7:00 just about the time I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. I did get to cat nap for a little while in between screaming and fighting over toys. Marie started playing with those balloons that are attached to the long rubber bands that you kind of punch and they bounce back and forth. Those things are soooooo loud when you are exhausted! Ann and Charlie have officially become our newest set of grandparents. They brought them each one when they came to babysit on Saturday night. It reminds me of the time my Mom purchased a very loud and obnoxious toy for my oldest brother's son. I believe Cory was maybe three at the time or maybe it was for Blake. All I know is that started my other brother thinking and the war of the obnoxious toys began! Lord those battles are always fun aren't they???!!!

Someone remind me to tell the story about the water pistol fight between the ADULT children a couple of years ago. Now that was funny!

No comments:


Mommy's Favorites