Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I hate mornings like this....

No time for a shower because I woke up later. Hmm, could it be because I went to bed only to wake up two hours later by Logan who was upset and wanted some company. I did try to get comfortable on the other end of the couch and just go to sleep but he wasn't having any of that. He wasn't into sharing any leg room so I had to grab a book and read for about an hour before he finally settled down for the rest of the night. Of course it took a little longer to fall asleep so I'm sure I nodded off after 2:30 or so give or take 30 minutes.

Once I was up and getting lunches/breakfast ready; Logan decided he wanted to watch a Barney DVD. The only problem was he threw the actual DVD behind the entertainment center last night. That thing isn't easy to move so I said forget it. In the fit that ensued from that the DVD holder ended up behind the couch (believe that was my fault but not 100% sure) so when I went to look behind the couch for it I saw all the cookies and crumbs that he had thrown back there. He threw the toy box over because I refused to get the DVD or DVD holder right then and there so I picked up all the toys put them back into the toy box only to have him do it again. I know I'm PMS'ing because that brought me to tears and I tried my best to hold on to my temper. Most times stuff like that causes irritation but not quite that much. Marie started in at that point by trying to take something to school that she was told no about yesterday. Another battle popped up faster than a brush fire in the middle of August. She couldn't find the other gift for her best friend's birthday so she was very grumpy too.

I was able to get those two calm and on the bus although Marie was still not a happy camper. I've gone through the playroom; moved the couch out and vacuumed, moved the entertainment center over so Logan can't throw every toy and DVD behind it anymore and still no little gift wrapped package. I did go in her room and attempted to look through everything but when I found the newly washed clothes thrown in the corner with her pencils etc I thought it best to get out of Dodge before I blew a gasket. I've cleaned up the entry way and no sign of that gift package. It's small; just a sample cross stitch pattern and materials I received from DMC in their mentor program. Marie did her class project last week on how to cross stitch so I thought it would be a nice gift for her friend who was interested in learning about it. Hopefully, we will find the gift today as tomorrow is the last day of school for the year. This afternoon Marie and I will be cleaning her room together and looking for that gift as well as sitting down to make nice cards for their teachers for tomorrow.

If all else fails, I will give her the other kit I received for her friend and we will keep looking over the summer. It should be easy to find as she wrapped it in Christmas paper but we may never find it until we move someday (NOT in the near future; more like when Ryan graduates from high school!)

The only good thing about the way this morning started is that it's not Monday and it's not quite summer vacation yet. (that starts tomorrow at 12:15 when school lets out; for me it's when they get off the bus about an hour later) Katie and Ryan both woke up in a good mood so that turned this crappy morning into a pretty good one.

Okay, the kids will be home in about two hours so I'm going to go enjoy some peace and quiet (or as much as Katie and Ryan will allow me to have) before I jump into more cleaning and then laundry. Coffee and chocolate HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:


Mommy's Favorites