Saturday, April 12, 2008

Spring Break is over!

All in all, Spring Break turned out pretty well. The weather didn't cooperate during the first half of the week but we had fun anyway. We didn't use the water toys at all but could have yesterday as it got up to 81 degrees. Today it's supposed to be more of the same but tomorrow it's only supposed to get to upper 60's lower 70's. With the much needed break for Mommy and Daddy on Thursday it made for a very nice week indeed. Thank you Ms. Ann and Mr. Charlie for coming over to watch our little gang!! The kids had such a good time and were so exhausted that they went to bed with minimal fuss. Not only that but they got up and were still very subdued the next morning. They didn't hit their normal stride until around noon which was pure heaven!

I was able to still get a lot of housework done and Curtis was able to get some of the stuff on our BIG project list done as well. We started out with 16 things listed and we are now down to 10 which is great. I do believe that we may be able to get another couple done today and tomorrow. Now, as long as we don't add any more to the list we will actually have accomplished some this week!

A cute little story before I sign off today.... You know from a previous post that I absolutely HATE bees. (HATE HATE HATE THEM!) There have been two incidents where I had the kids outside and these bumble bees started flying around. The first time it was with Ryan, Katie and me so I grabbed them and headed inside. Those two bees flew around Ryan's swing all afternoon which made it impossible for me to go back outside that day. Once this week after we'd been outside for almost 45 minutes they flew near us again so I figured we'd been outside enough it was a good excuse to go inside. Of course, while we were at the movie and dinner this week the bumble bees came back. Charlie and Ann aren't afraid of them and told Marie that if she just stood there the bees would go away without stinging her. (Please note that a couple of weeks ago Marie had a friend over and the bumble bee was outside with them. They both came running back each time it flew out near them.)

Yesterday Marie was giving me the "lecture" about standing still and the bees not stinging. (Too cute for words!) So, later in the afternoon when the one came around to check us out I thought, I can handle this, no problem. I did extremely well if I do say so myself. As I was just finishing up hosing Katie down, it came for another fly by. Marie was standing on the patio when it buzzed her. I turn to look and here she is just flapping her arms at it. I'm between the bee and freedom so I started to scream at her to stop flapping her arms. It buzzed by me and flew off to parts unknown without bothering anyone, including the two little people who were right by me during this whole exchange. I had to ask her what happened to the stand still and it won't sting you routine. She was so funny; I had to crack up. "Mommy it was gonna sting me and I hate bumble bees they freak me out!" Hmmm, I wonder where she got that from but what HAPPENED to the if you stand still it won't sting you? I stood still but would keep an eye on where they were at all times. I guess my constant vigil/terror got to her.

No comments:


Mommy's Favorites