Monday, April 21, 2008

Balloons

The kids all love balloons, heck, what kid wouldn't right? Logan happens to love them a little too much right now. He wants to have all the balloons to himself. I have to blow him up two and then blow one for each of the others and still he somehow ends up with three or four. Marie is a really good sport about it. He always ends up with hers by the end of the day.

It all started the other day while we were trying to get them ready and on the bus. Logan started having a meltdown because he wanted to have a balloon. I didn't think the bus driver would allow him to have it when Marie quickly let me know otherwise. She said, "Mom, if it will keep him quiet they will let him have it. They do it in the afternoon because they don't want to hear him scream all the way home." Okay, fine, I blew up the balloon for him. Oh, what a beautiful smile I received in thanks for that little chore. He even signed thank you while saying it at the same time. I knew I was in for it at that point.

I had Curtis pick up a pack on the way home. Okay, I thought I asked him for one pack but he likes to do things in a big way. He came home with four packs of balloons! Now I have plenty or you would think so at least. I wanted to blow up enough for them once a day and no more. Logan, on the other hand had a different idea. He came up to me and said in the sweetest little voice, "I want balloot, pease!" Big angelic smile added to him actually requesting something using a complete sentence; what was I to do other than to give him what he wanted! Now the little stinker knows exactly how to get to Mommy and Daddy. I guess Daddy will be making another trip to Wal-mart for some balloons today or tomorrow.

No comments:


Mommy's Favorites