Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday - first day back at school!

Okay, it's the first day back at school for the two older children and it's soooooo quiet in this house. I do have the television on so that Katie can watch her absolute favorite cartoon; Dora the Explorer. Once that is over, it's being turned off and the cd player is going on. This past week, Marie had them all dancing around and playing while listening to a cd I made for Logan about a year ago. If anyone tried to turn it off Logan would have a screaming fit until it was turned back on. I love it!!

I can now clean up the playroom, vacuum and fold all the blankets and the room will probably stay that way all day. Okay, most of it will. Alright, you got me; I won't have to vacuum it again until after Logan has his snack this afternoon so that's a good thing. Katie and Ryan will pull all the stuffed animals, blankets and pillow off the couch and roll around playing on them at one point today but it will get picked up with very minimal fuss.

Okay, one thing I want to complain about and then I will be done for the day. Freecycle is great when you want to find something. However, if you want to get rid of something it's not always so great. I will freely admit that I have responded to an offer and completely forgot to get it. As soon as I realized that I did that I e-mailed the person to let them know and apologized up one side and down the other. I've been paid back for that in spades. I hate to take the baby clothes to the clothing bins when I know people could really use them but when you get a couple people respond to your offer and they are all no shows it's quite annoying! I always give them the benefit of the doubt but it's not asking too much to have someone just respond and say something like; "I'm sorry I can't make it so go ahead and give it to the next person on your list" or "I'm sorry I completely forgot, let's make new plans for me to pick up!" I have had several people who, like me forgot but then promptly e-mailed me or called to apologize and then picked up promptly. It's the no-shows that drive me completely batty! Anyone else have this happen to them???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Fragmentadora de Papel, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://fragmentadora-de-papel.blogspot.com. A hug.


Mommy's Favorites