Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Kid Fun Time Saturday

Saturday mornings are spent cleaning up before Ryan's 10:30 S.T. session. I have to block the rest of the kids on the other side while Ryan is in therapy or they will distract him too much. This Saturday Logan and Katie were not happy with being blocked. Once Ms. Kathy left, Ryan fell asleep in my arms and I put him down for a nap. I let the others out of their "cage" so they could have the run of the house to calm them down. This made Katie and Logan very happy as they like to run up and down the hallway or ride one of the push/pull toys up and down.

Once Ryan awoke from his nap we played in the living room and some how started playing hide-n-seek. I would grab Ryan and hide under his blanket while Marie counted. It was so much fun but hard to keep him calm enough until she'd rip the blanket off our heads and he'd scream with laughter. We then had him count to 10 while we hid under a big blanket and every time he'd coming running over and say "Mommy!" and grab the blanket off while Katie and Marie giggled. Logan watched this for a little while then decided he would help Ryan or whomever was counting. Once I threw the blanket over our heads I would feel Logan grabbing at my head and he'd giggle. We even got him to get under the blanket to hide a couple of times. He was having a great time right along with the rest of them. We decided to let Mommy count while the rest of them hid and I think they enjoyed that even more. I found them the first time because I could hear Katie saying, "I want to go see Mommy" so I came around the corner and yelled "Gotcha!" They all screamed and laughed and of course I had to keep doing that until everyone got way to hyper and we had to all take a time out.

Ryan had his O.T. yesterday afternoon outside in the front yard. She brought a storage bin that was really long but not too deep and it had a ton of rice and dried beans. She had hid some small plastic animals, some shells, some loose change and some small balls. He had to sit in the bin with his socks and shoes off and search for these things and put them in little bowls. He sat there the entire session and only threw things a couple of times. He seemed to like running his hands through all the stuff and didn't mind his feet being in it either. Although, he did have his toes curled at one point like he wasn't too sure if he wanted to be in there but after that he was fine. We will be making a trip to Wal-mart for a bin that size to put our 15 lb. bag of rice in and to buy some dried beans to add as well. I know that Logan likes to run his hands through stuff like this because he has a smaller version in his classroom or did the first year. We had planned on making one of these but couldn't find a bin with a lid so we didn't complete it. Now that I see what she used I'm heading out to purchase one today (or better yet, will have Daddy pick one up on the way home!)

No comments:


Mommy's Favorites