Friday, February 15, 2008

Birthday and other stuff

Ryan turned two years old this past Saturday. Poor little guy was so under the weather we didn't celebrate until Sunday. Since he wasn't the only one not feeling well, we didn't do much other than to bring out his presents and let him play. He's afraid of Tickle Me Ernie, didn't care about the Happy Birthday Diego and his Elmo Knows My Name wouldn't work. He lay in my arms and let Logan and Katie press the button every time Diego stopped singing. Logan loved the Ernie and promptly took him in the other room to play which didn't bother Ryan in the least. We will be doing something more this weekend to really celebrate his birthday now that everyone is on the mend.

I think Ryan's napping patterns are back to normal or at least they were Wednesday. After his physical therapy, he climbed into my lap and fell fast asleep, snoring loudly. I was able to lay him down on his pillows and he slept for almost two hours. What a nice break it was, even though Katie did try several times to wake him up. She was successful the last time she tried but at least he had slept for almost two hours. Yesterday we spent the day with Daddy and he slept the entire time we were in Target and a little bit of the ride after that. He even took another nap when we got home, of course, he had to be in my arms to do that but at least he slept. Katie took a tiny nap on the way home; we had a 30 minute drive and she slept for the last 15 minutes but at least she did sleep.

Last night we had a good laugh when Ryan picked up my nasal spray bottle (cap tightly shut, of course) and put it to his nose and made a sniffing sound. I've been using it because I've been so stuffed up due to the cold and allergies. Apparently the little guy has been watching Mommy this week and decided he wanted to try it too. I was in the other room tucking Katie and Marie into bed when I heard Curtis bust out laughing. I came around the corner to see him doing it and promptly grabbed the camera to get a few shots. (pictures to follow)

No comments:


Mommy's Favorites