Sunday, November 25, 2007

After Thanksgiving

Normally, I would have had all my inside Christmas decorations/tree up and the boxes put back into the attic by Saturday late evening. This year it didn't happen that way. We discussed cleaning the carpets first as we've been meaning to do this area for months now. I'm glad that we agreed to do that. I cleaned up the area where the tree goes so we can move one side of the room into that spot, clean, then move everything back to the other side and clean. I should be able to put up the decorations and tree by this next Saturday.

Marie was very disappointed because she loves to help with the decorating. She has been sick since Thanksgiving with a sore throat and swollen glands. Poor baby got that kind of stuff from me. Growing up; whenever I got a cold I also had swollen glands. Back then (okay, WAYYY back then) the doctors told my mother that I needed to get my tonsils out. (Dave and I had it done at the same time; the hospital never was the same again! I remember him riding a Big Wheel up and down the hallways and running/shouting at the top of his lungs before surgery. His tonsils were supposedly worse then mine but that didn't stop him; he wanted potato chips and pickles when we got home from the hospital. I was smart and stuck with the ice cream.) It would stop all the sore throats and swollen glands. Yeah Right! I still get them. A lot of good that did and I believe now a days they don't take them out unless it's absolutely necessary.

The rest of the children have been sickness free for the most part. I am trying my best to keep it that way. Today, Marie is reading for her November book report project which is due Friday. Gee, she is a procrastinator.... I wonder where she got that from?!?! The rest of the kids are watching..... you guessed it a Christmas movie and playing with their toys. It's a pretty quiet afternoon (as quiet as it can be with this group) so I'm going to sit down with a nice cup of tea and relax for a minute or two.

No comments:


Mommy's Favorites