Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Outside; DONE!

Well, Curtis took the day off yesterday and spent it getting all the outside decorations up and looking pretty. (He had already put the lights on the house but he took a break from the yard decorations) I wanted to get a picture of everything last night but the dew pretty well obliterated anyone from seeing the snowmen in their snowglobe. He had everything on when Marie got home from school yesterday and she was so excited!! She had to go check everything out and make comments and say thank you to Daddy for putting them up.

Logan didn't go to school yesterday or therapy either. He was up like normal and dressed and just about the time I was going to put his shoes on he ran in and said "diaper". I grabbed a diaper and the wipes and knew we were in for something when I changed it and found just a "squirt". I bagged it up and had Marie take it to the garbage so I could wash my hands and here he is saying it again. I dried my hands and did it again. This time nasty stuff but I still thought okay, he went and now we can get him ready for Daddy to take him. (Daddy had volunteered to take them for me so I could have a break. What a great Daddy he was trying to be!) I start to wash up from that one and here he is saying it again. It happened one more time like that and I said forget it. I called the school, attendance and the therapist to say he wouldn't be going anywhere. Poor little guy! He wanted to go to school so badly; he came up and put his backpack on and was saying "bus!"

Of course, after I cancel with the therapist and call him out of school for the day, he went one more time and it was normal. I'm glad I kept him home as it would have been bad for Daddy to try to deal with that at the hospital or on the way to school. Here he was trying to help me out and he couldn't. I say it's the thought that counts. It made my day that he wanted to do this for me so I gave him a big hug and said thank you anyways. He was able to devote the rest of the day to getting the decorations done and all the kids loved that so it wasn't a bad day after all.

The poor neighbors woke up this morning to discover that all their belongings in their vehicles (that weren't part of the vehicle) were gone. Some lovely person took everything from them. They had left their vehicles unlocked and that is how they were rewarded for being very trusting people. What a horrible time to have it happen! It's a violation anytime it happens but it just seems so much worse during the holidays. We have always locked our vehicles; habit from where we used to live. It paid off for us this time but a year or so ago it didn't matter that we locked them. Some lovely bored teenagers went through the neighborhood slashing tires. They got both back tires to the van to the cost of $200 give or take. Thankfully the neighbors were missed that time.

What is wrong with people these days? Why do they have to do stuff like this especially at this time of year??!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey there I hope that you all have a great Christmas, the girls will be here on Friday. I will be having hip surgery on Wednesday, so I will be home for a few days maybe if you get down this way we can visit. Know that I love you. Sorry to hear about your neighbor, we live in a crazy world.. Merry Christmas


Mommy's Favorites