Monday, December 17, 2007

Is it over yet? or Are we there yet?

School only has this last week before they get out for the winter holiday. We are going to take the kids to Disney tomorrow so they can see Mickey and Pals in all the Christmas decorations. We can only go through this week and then it's blackout days until after New Year's. Our passes don't expire until the beginning of February so we will have a little more time after the holidays to take them. Sea World is having a nice Polar Express thing going on at their Wild Artic exhibit so we hope to hit there too. I believe those passes expire at the end of the year so we need to get there this coming weekend or next week. The Polar Express exhibit will only be there through Christmas Day so we need to go this weekend or miss out all together. Since they all love the movie (especially Logan and Ryan) we really need to try to get them there.

I have the sound track from Polar Express in our stereo. Whenever I turn it on the kids all come running. Ryan and Katie stand at the gate just staring at the stereo while Logan runs around saying "Po Spess". Marie always joins in the fun too singing at the top of her lungs and manages to get the others to follow suit. It's quite histerical to watch; I may need to tape it one of these times and put it on here. I laugh so hard my sides hurt. That's what kids are for; to make you laugh, cry and just about every other range of emotion.

Katie should (should) be just about out of her terrible twos as she turns three at the end of January. The other day they (Katie and Marie) were in their room watching a movie as it was too early to be up and out of bed. I walked by their room to hear Katie telling Marie to "go stand in the corner RIGHT NOW!" Apparently Marie had done or said something she didn't like. She also loves the word NO right now. She tells me that all the time especially when I'm telling her to go stand in the corner for time out. It reminds me of Marie at her age and I have to tell myself she should be growing out of that nasty stage soon. Ryan should be hitting that when she gets out of it. (at least I hope and pray he waits until she's done before he starts!)

I'm looking forward to Christmas and then it will be over and done with until next year. By the time it gets here I'm so tired of it all that I'm glad it's done and I know I can't be the only parent who feels this way. We still have to take them to get their picture with Santa. That's another stop I need to add to this week's list. Here I thought I was almost done with getting ready. Oh well, at least there are only 7 days 8 hours and 25 minutes left. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey there I will have alot of down time come Wednesday, I am having surgery on my hip, so hit me up I have a new home # 386-492-4818 cell 386-295-4354


Mommy's Favorites