Monday, June 22, 2009

Is it just me or....

does everyone have children that are attached at the hip with them? I can't go to the bathroom without a little rugrat following right behind me. If I get the bedroom door closed quick enough I can make a run for it but then I have to listen to the screaming and pounding on the door. Really, please someone tell me that I'm not alone on this one or I'll go stark raving mad!!

I can't eat dinner when it's hot because the same rugrat wants to be in my arms and snuggling with all my attention focused on him. Most nights I just eat a lukewarm or cold dinner or if I get really lucky he'll be still sleeping on one of his marathon three hour naps. That just causes trouble later in the evening or early in the morning when he's still up and wants me to be up and talking coherently with him. LOL

I can get a nap in if I'm holding said rugrat and he happens to fall asleep with me. I was lucky enough to enjoy such a nap yesterday and I think it was a good hour or more before I became uncomfortable enough to wake up and lay him down. DH said neither rugrat nor me were snoring so that was a plus for him. LOL (no noise and one less cranky child)

Actually, I wouldn't trade any of my children for a millon dollars or more. I do love them and enjoy spending all my time with them (well, most of the time I do LOL) Yesterday we had a nice relaxing day. We hung out inside until around 2:30 when we went out to play in the kiddie pools for an hour. Even Logan joined us a couple of times. He'd come over and stick his feet in to get cooled down or even better; he'd stick his head down and get the front of his hair wet. He'd stand there letting the water run down his nose onto his belly and just grin. Mommy's little goofball!

Marie's tires on her bike are all filled up and ready for her to show us her stuff. Of course, since DH isn't home today, the little ones will be playing out back in the water while she rides in front of the house where I can keep an eye on her. Gee, I wonder if she'll really want to ride her bike while the others are playing in the water??? Logan will probably spend most of the time on the swing with occasional trips to dip his head. Ryan and Katie will take turns running between the two pools and getting lost of grass and mud in both. Lots of fun! I can't seem to get pictures because I have to sit in there with them and don't want to get the camera wet. I don't bring it outside with us because "we" have a tendency to splash just about everything within reach including the towels. Can you say lots of summer fun?!?!

1 comment:

Meari said...

Had to LOL @ running for the bathroom. I can remember when I was little and my Dad had to use the bathroom. I'd lay on the floor on the other side of the closed door, and talk to him through the crack at the bottom! (Or stick my little hand under, LOL!)

Sounds like fun summer days for you!


Mommy's Favorites