Thursday, August 7, 2008

A little something funny......

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm as graceful as they come....NOT! Well, I managed to do it again this past week. I was attempting to walk outside to the recycling bins and twisted my ankle. I landed on my bottom on the damp mat in front of the door in front of the neighbors and anyone driving by the house. Thankfully, no one said anything and I was able to get back up and slink back inside. I pulled a muscle in my left leg, bruised my right knee and pulled a muscle in my right wrist area. No big thing just a little painful for a few days.

It doesn't stop there though. On Sunday I was walking out the door for our date afternoon and almost did it again. This time, thankfully, I was able to catch myself before I twisted it too badly but not before Curtis saw that oh so graceful walk. He had to ask, "Did you just twist your ankle AGAIN?" What could I say, other than, "yes isn't your wife just so graceful?? but it only happens when I have shoes on so perhaps I should just not wear any when trying to walk outside the house!" No, it doesn't stop there either...

At the restaurant, on the way to the table, a waiter who had been kneeling next to another table jumped up and stomped on my other foot! By this time, I'm laughing and having to tell him it's okay, I'm fine. All through dinner I chuckled along with Curtis about how graceful I am. No, it doesn't stop there but this last one really is my fault. After we got home and got the kids ready for bed, I had to lay down on the couch with Logan. Normally he doesn't want me to lay down, just sit there while he falls asleep but I was tired so I lay down. He wasn't as tired so he decided to play with his little piano. Does anyone see where I'm going with this??? He jumped up on the couch and threw the piano down. My foot was there under the blanket so he really couldn't see it and yes it landed on the left foot. Talk about a bite your tongue and lips moment! It throbbed the rest of the night but is much better now and only a few bruises on both feet are now visible.

When I told my Mom, she was laughing and saying isn't this deja vu?? Remember the story about the chainsaw and the dining room chair from when I was a teenager?!?!?! Enough said!

No comments:


Mommy's Favorites