Tuesday, August 12, 2008

An end to the summer is near

Summer vacation is almost over and we've been having a lot of fun. We've gone to the beach twice a week and plan on continuing to do so after the kids go to school. Of course, on one of the two days, we'll only have two of the four but that will be a little easier to handle. Of course, I remembered to bring the camera but not to actually get it out and take pictures last Thursday. Sunday, I completely forgot to take it. It would have been a good day to get some pictures but I plan on putting it in my purse as soon as I sign off here so I will have it for Thursday. (Now to remember to actually take it out and use it!)

On Sunday, we stayed a little longer after getting an earlier start. Logan loved the water this time. It only took a little coaxing to get him to come with me and he just stood in almost to his knees and loved it. He kept smiling, laughing and waiving his hands up and down like Katie does. He didn't want to get out of it for very long so next time Daddy will have to take turns with me. Katie and Ryan wanted nothing to do with the water so I don't think it will be too hard to deal with them when it's just the four of us next week.

The kids start back to school on Monday! I'm almost ready for them to get going. I've got the clothes done, the backpacks are out but now I just need to get the school supplies together so I can take what I have when we go to meet their teachers on Friday. Of course, then we'll get those teacher's lists and have to get more supplies together but at least it won't be as much that first day. I need to bring some diapers and wipes for Logan but I'm really low and had ordered a delivery for last week. Of course, they didn't deliver and when I called to inquire about it I was told they were waiting for the items to come in. Hmmm, why not take a minute or two to inform someone that things are backordered rather than let them get irritated and call you back?!?! I guess I'm the only one who thinks about stuff like that. Perhaps I should write a book titled: How to Make Your Life Easier (for Dummies!). I guess it comes from dealing with the public so much during my working days. If it makes your life easier it also makes their life easier and they will be nicer to you the next time they have to call. Hmmm, it's also called using common sense but.......

No comments:


Mommy's Favorites