Saturday, May 10, 2008

Rough week

After all that rearranging I did on Monday and Tuesday all I really needed was some rest. That didn't happen at all. Poor Logan came down with the stomach bug and is just now starting to move around and eat some. I've been trying to keep the little ones away from him so they've been playing in the living room for most of the week. I was so afraid that they would get it next that I washed my hands every time I went near Logan. If all I touched was his blanket, I washed my hands. My hands are so dry and raw they are cracking and bleading and hurt like heck. It's worth the pain (especially when washing dishes and hands) if none of the others get this bug.

I knew he was starting to take a turn for the better when he scratched me yesterday morning. He was upset about feeling yucky and just wanted me to know. Now he's being a lovable little guy so I'm enjoying it while I can. What I'm not enjoying is all the cleanup from it. The house looked like a tornado hit it yesterday so I drank a couple of cups of coffee around 5:30 so I could start cleaning. Apparently I had a little too much caffeine as I couldn't get back to sleep once I woke up with Logan. By the time I was ready to fall back to sleep around 4:00 Ryan and Logan had other ideas. Needless to say it was after 5:00 before I could fall back to sleep and with this crew I was back up around 7:30.

I'm hoping the kids settle down to a dull roar a little later so I can get a ten minute cat nap in before Curtis gets home this evening. I don't want to have coffee later than 3:00 so I can sleep tonight. I can remember a time I could drink two cups of coffee at 9:00 pm and still fall asleep an hour later. I guess those days are over.

No comments:


Mommy's Favorites