Monday, August 24, 2009

Oops! It's been awhile!

Sorry for neglecting to update this blog. The summer is now over as the kids started school today. To say it was hectic would be putting it mildly! LOL The bus for Marie and Logan didn't show up. It was supposed to be here at 8:06 and by 8:25 I'm ready to pull my hair out. I loaded everything into the van including the two youngest kids at 7:55 and then grabbed the older two to stand to wait at 8:00. Hmmm, twenty five minutes later still no bus and Katie was late for Pre-K. She was NOT a happy camper!!! We decided that we couldn't wait for the bus and packed everyone in to head to school. Dropped Ms. Katie off by 8:35 and no, she didn't cry or even acknowledge that I was leaving. Her teacher had to tell her to say goodbye to me and she did it without even looking up at me! Here I was worried my little baby would be a handful at drop off time. Mommy would have cried if she had time to do so.

I couldn't drop Ryan off as it was too early, so run to the van and high tail it down the road to the other school so we could sit in the drop off line for ten minutes (which really pissed Logan off!). By the time we were able to pull up, the new principal is telling me no, don't park there go to the left. Sorry there fella but I have an autistic 7 year old in the beginnings of a full blown melt down. Go bug someone else ya' hear?!?! Grab him up (yes, kicking and screaming) just about throw him over my shoulders when he sees one of his favorite people, Ms. Maryann. He calmed right down and smiled at her like he was an angel. Into the class we go, with Marie in tow. Little did I know I had grabbed the wrong back pack. We get into his class room I tell his aide, just give him his brownie and he'll calm right down. I have to run the other one back to the other school. Did I mention I grabbed the wrong backpack?? Did I happen to catch that before we left the school and got stuck in traffic??? NOOOOO! Thankfully, Ms. Nickie was more on the ball than I was and called me before I got five minutes away and back to the school we went.

By this time, Ryan had been in the van for almost two hours and he wasn't a happy little guy. Another meltdown but at least, it was a different kid. Mommy's everlasting supply of lolli's came to the rescue and said meltdown stopped as soon as the red lolli hit his tongue. Whew! Back on the road again after exchanging the backpacks, back to being stuck in traffic and heading back to the first school we went to that morning. We got him to school about 30 minutes late and that was with having to go to the school's other main office to sign him in which is up the block and around the corner. Yeah, they realllllly need to work on their sign in/out procedures but I was just happy to have everyone safely in school. LOL

No time to go to a nice sit down breakfast like we planned as we have to get Ms. Katie picked back up by 11:30. Said breakfast will happen around lunchtime and with an addition. I don't think Katie will mind going to breakfast with Mommy and Daddy, do you?!?! LOL

No comments:


Mommy's Favorites