Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A giggle or two....

Last night while making dinner, Katie asked me "Momma, can you give me something to tie me up until dinner?"

"DAADDDDYYY, go get the bungy cords out of the garage for me PLEASE!"

"What?! WHY?"

"Your daughter wants something to tie her up until dinner so I want to oblige her, duh!"

"Um, honey, I think she meant she's hungry and wants something to get her through until dinner."

"Really? Hmmm, well then, Katie what would you like to tie you up until dinner?"

"A lollipop please!" Yeah, okay, that happened and I won the lotto too. She's a charmer that one. This is the same child who when reminded that she must behave will say, "Mommy, I'm SMILING, that means I'm behave!" Yeah but just because you're smiling it doesn't mean you're behaving sweetheart.

Ryan's favorite response to being told No is "DON'T TELL ME NO!!!!!!!" He has also become Italian while we weren't looking. "Momma, maka da babba!" or "Momma, will you maka da babba?" Oh, and today we reached another milestone with school; he waved and said "bye bye Momma!" in other words; you've done your duty now get out of my class! Yeah, no more tears and clinging!

Logan is having a rough time right now at school. His teacher had to retire unexpectedly the other day due to health issues. She'd broke her foot a few weeks ago and had several subs in the class and finally just had to let go. He adores her and has a big time issue with change, as all autistic kids do so his behavior has been extreme this week. They finally have one person in the room who will be there until they find a permanent replacement or the end of the school year. He still has his regular aides so at least that won't change. Thankfully! Keep him in your thoughts and prayers that this new transition will be over soon.

Marie is wellllll, she's Marie. I love her to pieces but sometimes I have to remind myself how I was at her age. She came to me yesterday evening and reminded me that she had a project that was due that morning. Can Daddy get me a piece of posterboard? Thankfully, he was able to stop by Wal-mart and grab one for her but it made for a very late night. To top that off, we still had to get up an hour plus early this morning so she could finish it. We didn't get to work on her speech at all last night with the regular homework and the project so hopefully we can get back to that tonight. She has to prepare and do the speech in front of her class then the entire school next Tuesday. Well, that gives us the whole weekend to tweak it at least. Yes, she does get her procrastination from me but I don't remember (cough, choke) ever waiting until the night after a project was due to inform my parents I needed some supplies. AND I wasn't the kid who if the homework didn't fit in his back pocket it didn't get done either, so there. (tongue sticking out here folks!)

No comments:


Mommy's Favorites